Dementia Information & Support for Carers
DISC allow self-referals. They help prevent hospital admissions for dementia patients by doing direct referrals to:
- District nurses (to help with hygiene, incontinence, weight loss, pressure sores, SALT referral)
- Dieticians (to get fortisips etc)
- Occupational therapists ( to get aids in the house)
- Social services
- Emergency respite for carers
- Contact rapid response (to get emergency carers)
Telephone: 01215 336483
Age Concern Birmingham
Age Concern Birmingham is committed to tackling the challenges faced by an ageing society. Our vision is to excel in all our endeavours to meet the needs of older people and others in need.
Telephone: 0121 362 3650
Age UK Birmingham
Age UK Birmingham aims to promote the wellbeing of people in later life and their carers in any manner which is now, or hereafter, deemed as charitable.
Telephone: 0121 437 0033
Information and advice for older people, their family and carers.
Telephone: 0800 319 6789