Hall Green Health is a Research Active Practice.
The GP Research Lead within our practice is Dr Nashat Qamar.
This practice is pleased to announce that we are a research active practice linked to the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (www.nihr.ac.uk). We have been accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) as a Research Ready practice.
We work in close collaboration with a team of GPs, research nurses and facilitators based at the University of Birmingham. If a patient is eligible to join a research study running in our practice, a GP or other healthcare professional will provide written information. Taking part in a research study is voluntary and can be beneficial to patients who participate in them.
Examples of research projects include:
- Investigating respiratory infections
- Management of heart failure
- How to increase physical activity
- Finding out whether low dose aspirin helps people with Type 2 diabetes
- Ways to help people stop smoking
- The use of self-monitoring of blood pressure
- Investigating timing of taking blood pressure medication
If you would like to know more about research taking place locally, visit www.birmingham.ac.uk