Our first Social Prescribing event – Group Led Cycle Ride!
Group Led Walks from Hall Green Health!
What is Social Prescribing?
Social prescribing involves helping patients to improve their health, wellbeing and social welfare by connecting them to community services which might be run by the council or a local charity. For example, signposting people who have been diagnosed with dementia to local dementia support groups. (NHS England).
Hall Green Health Together
We are in the process of creating our own CIO (Charity Incorporated Organisation) to manage all our Social Prescribing events – Hall Green Health Together. This is how much we believe in Social Prescribing and the incredible benefits it can have for our patients.
Our Current Social Prescribing Events:
- ‘Group Led Cycle Rides’ from Hall Green Health for Men Over 40 who are at risk of Heart Disease
- ‘Birmingham Irish Association Drop in Clinics’ held in our reception area at the end of every month to support our Irish patients with any queries they have.
- ‘Fox Hollies Community Association’ – Lunch clubs, Knit and Natter groups, line dancing to name a few events, all held at Fox Hollies Forum, Acocks Green
- ‘Group Led Walks’ from Hall Green Health – Lets Go Walking! – Walking for health, socialization and fresh air.
- ‘Carers Events at Hall Green Health to provide a safe, social environment for our patients who are Carers to enjoy conversations with cakes
- ‘Coffee mornings’ with our patients to provide an informal platform for our patients to voice their thoughts and for us to take on board suggestions to improve our practice
And there are any more partnerships within the local community and events we are organising for our patients!
How will you hear about our Social Prescribing Events?
We will regularly update our reception area with leaflets / posters of upcoming Social Prescribing events we are holding, so please keep an eye out. If our events are specific to a target patient group e.g. men over 40 who are at risk of heart disease, we will send out SMS text messages to those patients informing them of the event.
We want to ask our patients what kind of activities they are most interested in for us to set up. To submit your views please complete this short survey.
Please follow our Hall Green Health Together Twitter account for all things Social Prescribing at Hall Green Health!